Youth in Transition Program

View this information in French.

Services are available in English and French.

The goal of the Youth in Transition Program is to support youth in their successful transition out of the child welfare system into adulthood. The Youth in Transition Worker supports youth one-on-one and group mentorship and support with workshops or opportunities to participate in community events.

The Youth in Transition Worker collaborates with local community agencies providing information about the program as well as to refer youth to appropriate community services. Some of the resources and supports the Youth in Transition Worker may be able to offer include (but are not limited to):

  • Housing supports;
  • Education resources;
  • Employment services and training;
  • Life Skills training (e.g. financial management, household management);
  • Health and mental health services; and
  • Legal services


  • Youth ages 16 to 24.
  • Crown ward, legal custody order or formal customary care agreement prior to 18th birthday OR eligible for renewed youth supports.
  • Requiring supports in the following areas: housing, education, employment, counselling, life skills, health, culture, legal and mental health

Our Youth in Transition Work is housed at the Fulao2 Campus, however, youth DO NOT have to be a Fulao2 student to access these resources.

  • Youth can also access free career testing that allows you to investigate what programs and career are best for you.
  • Access to any of our Student Support Services
  • The Dual Credit Program is a great way to get started with a head start to College

If you would like more information on this program and are interested in learning about FREE TUITION, please contact the Youth in Transition Worker:

Nancy Whalen
Youth in Transition Worker
(705) 987-5980

Youth in Transition Program Contact Form
Formulaire de contact du programme Jeunesse en transition


Full Address / Adresse

What is the best time to reach you? / Quel est le meilleur moment pour vous joindre?
What is the best way to reach you? / Quelle est la meilleure façon de vous joindre?

Child Service Worker / Other Agency Information
Travailleur des services à l’enfance /
Autres informations d’Agence

Name of Child Service Worker / Nom du travailleur des services à l’enfance:

Please list all Agency Workers you have including their (name, phone and agency) /  Veuillez énumérer tous les travailleurs de l’Agence que vous avez, y compris leur (nom, téléphone et agence)

Personal information collected will be solely used for the YIT program, and will not be shared.Ěý Aggregate data may be used for statistical purposes.